AirDrop is an awesome feature from apple that lets you share photos, documents and other files between iPhone, iPad and MacOs. Airdrop uses Wifi and Bluetooth to share files between devices. So both the devices must be in wifi or bluetooth range. In this modern era we can use WhatsApp, Messenger or other sharing apps too to share files, but AirDrop is one of the best way to share files wirelessly, without internet and faster than other apps.
How to use AirDrop to share files between iPhones and iPads
You can share files from one iPhone to other or to iPad. The process is same. First of all you need to turn on AirDrop on both devices.
In AirDrop settings you can see three options as below:
- Receiving Off => it means the AirDrop is turned of and cannot be used to share the files.
- Contact Only => This option lets you share files and documents with your contacts only. With this option you must have mobile number or Apple ID of the second person saved in your contacts. This option is more secured.
- Everyone => When this option is enabled, it means everyone can send you files using AirDrop. For convenient most of the persons use this option.
How to turn on AirDrop on iPhone & iPad?
These are the simple steps to turn on AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then Click on General.
- Click on AirDrop. There you will see the above three options. I mostly choose “Everyone” option.
- The AirDrop is on now. you can start sharing or receiving the files.
How to turn on AirDrop Using Control Center on iPhone and iPad?
- Open Control Center [ Swipe Up from bottom of the Screen ].
- Click and hold the first box. (Showing Airplane, Cellular, Wifi and Bluetooth icons)
- A new window will be opened. You can see AirDrop option in the bottom of first column.
- Tap it and choose the option Contact or Everyone to turn on the AirDrop.
How to Share Photos & Files Using AirDrop?
In this tutorial i am going to share photos from one iPhone to Other.
- Select all the pictures you want to share with the other iPhone.
- Click on the Share icon, a new window will be opened.
- Click on AirDrop and it will show you the list of all nearest iPhone with AirDrop turned on.
- Select the phone to whom you are going to send the photo.
AirDrop Settings On Receiving Device
- On the receiving device you will see a popup saying, “iPhone” would like to share a photo with you. Here “iPhone” is the name of the phone and can be different in your case. While the popup can number of photos if you are going to share more than one photos.
- Click on “Accept”. The photo will be transferred successfully.
That’s it, you can follow the same method to share other files and documents. Same can be done to share files from iPad to iPad or between iPhone and iPad.
Where do AirDrop Files go on iPhone?
The AirDrop files go to respective apps. Suppose if you shared photos and videos then both will go to Photos App of the iPhone. If you are going to share documents or files from Files App of the iPhone then it will go inside files. The notes will be store in notes and the contacts shared through AirDrop are saved automatically in Contacts App as soon as you click on “Accept” button.
Read: AirDrop is Not Working
AirDrop is an awesome tool to share files, docs and pictures wirelessly and faster from iPhone to iPhone or iPhone to iPad or to mac. You can share files easily by following a few steps.
Yes. You can share all files using AirDrop b/w iPhone and iPod.
Yes. Sharing files between iPhone and Mac is also possible through AirDrop.