Nowadays almost every person watches videos on their smartphones. videos are available in different formats and we know the video formats are different based on their quality and recording devices. Similar way .Mov files are a type of video extension. some peoples want to watch .MOV files on android devices. But unlucky there is no support for .MOV files for android except they use a media player or convert the files in supportable format. in this article, I have mentioned that ways to use MOV files on an android phone.
MOV files are also called movie files. They are multimedia container files format, which are saved in Quick Time File Format(QTFF). These files are used to store a video that contains video, audio and text in form of subtitle. mostly these files are used to store movie files. MOV files formate is firstly developed by APPLE in 1990. the file extension of these files are .mov or .qt
How to Play .mov Files on Android
there are two possible ways to play MOV files on an android phone. I have mentioned the ways with a complete guide. So read the guide completely.
- First by the help of media player
- Secondly by converting the file from MOV to mp4.
MOV Player for Android
These are some top-rated MOV supported players for android phones. These players support and play other extensions too.
1. VLC for Android
VLC media player is a cross-platform app that is available free for every platform. This is one of the best app used to play videos, audio, DVDs, and online streams on android phones. the main advantage of this app is its ads-free and also support equalizer support. Supported video formats include MOV, MKV, Ogg, AAC, FLAC, AVI, mp4, and others.
- Plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams, DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
- Supports disk shares.
- Supported Formats are MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv, and AAC. It supports subtitles, Teletext, and Closed Captions.
- There is a media library for audio and video files and allows to browse folders directly.
- Supports multi-track audio and subtitles, auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments, and gestures to control volume, brightness, and seeking.
- Audio control supports audio headsets control, cover art, and a complete audio media library is supported.
2. MOV Player for Android
With the help of MOV player for android, we can play MOV files directly on android phones. this player supports some other extensions too.
- Supported formats are MOV, MP4, M4V, AVI, MKV, 3GP, FLV, WMV, RMVB, TS etc.
- Ultra HD video player with support 4K.
- Save video private
- You can Cast videos to TV with Chromecast.
- Hardware acceleration.
- Video player HD for both android tablet and android phone.
- Support subtitle downloader and more.
- Play video in pop-up window, split screen or background.
- Night Mode, Quick Mute & Playback Speed.
- Identify ALL video files on your device and SD Card automatically.
- Easy to control volume, brightness and playing progress.
- Manage or share videos easily.
- Multi playback option: auto-rotation, aspect-ratio, screen-lock etc.
KMplayer supports MOV as well as other video extensions to play them on android. this app is available for windows and ios devices.
- Supported formats are MOV. AVI, MP3, WAV, AAC, MP4, WMV, RMVB, FLAC, 3GP, M4V, MKV, TS, MPG, FLV
- Bookmark on your wanted position to play.
- it supports High definition video playback ( HD, 4K, 8K, UHD, Full HD playback).
- There is an option to change the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, gamma information of the video.
- You can Zoom in and move the video that you’re watching.
- users can Repeat after section designation on video.
- There is the support of Invert left and right (mirror mode), upside-down the video
- Select and specify player options with one click
- Pop-up windows that can be used with other apps
- There is equalizer support. users can Use equalizer for music and video
- users can control the Playback speed control function up to 0.25 ~ 4 times.
- Beautiful music and video playback User interface
- Video and music timer function
- Subtitle Setting: Change subtitle color, size, position
4. GOM Player
To watch MOV files on android this is the perfect option. GOM player is available on play store but it contains ads. That may disturb you during watching the video. this player also support MOV files and others.
- it supports 360 videos.
- A variety of non-encoded video files including mp4, MOV types can be played.
- Convenient UI, such as sliding menus and intuitive screen options.
- You can manage the list of your favorite videos.
- A screenshot facility is available.
- Support sleep timer function
- It is possible to connect to Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, WebDAV, and FTP
- advance setting is available.
Also read: Best keyboard apps for android in 2020
5. Full HD Video Player
One of the advanced video player that supports all HD formats of video. According to the developer, this is one of the perfect alternatives to other MOV players for android. it also supports TV, web series, and live streams videos formats.
- support all video formats including MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, WMV, RMVB, FLV, AVI, 3GP, 1080P, HD, 4k, Ultra HD etc.
- Awesome video player features like- copy, paste & cut, video play, resume, etc.
- It supports zoom & zoom pan videos.
- Forward, backward, night mode, Timer is also available.
- Subtitle supports during the video for different language
- Play the video in pop-up window & in view mode.
- Users can also Play video from SD Card, USB, Pen Drive
- users can Keep their private videos safe with a password protector.
- Powerful music player with Dolby sounds quality.
- It is also a Video downloader app
- Users can share any video with their friends
- Select & delete duplicate video files
- This is also a Video cutter, MP3 Cutter, and Videomaker app.
6. Ultimate video player
This is also the best MOV android player to watch videos. Ultimate player is available with great and advanced features.
- Supported MKV, MP4, M4V, AVI, MOV, 3GP, FLV, WMV, RMVB, TS.
- Full HD video player with 1080p resolution supports 4K
- Feature guide
- Smart video manager
- Create playlists, video management folders.
- Play video as audio with media player classic
- Detects and displays all videos on your device or SD card, external memory.
- users can easily find and view the most recently played video
- Movie video player, mp4 HD player
- Wide variety of video aspect ratios: full HD, default, 16: 9, 4: 3 .
- Mp4 HD player with background mode
- Users can see video HD via URL
- it supports Self-timer off video.
- This Media player has title support
7. QuickTime player for Android
With the help of QuickTime player for Android now android users can play any kind of video format on their android device.
Convert MOV to a format compatible with Android
This is the second method that lets android users to convert the MOV file into a format that is supportable on android phones. in this method, some converters are used to convert the file. remember one thing always choose the perfect option before convert to get a high-resolution video. Here are some apps that perform the job:
1. MOV To MP4 Converter
You can get the app from the play store. MOV To MP4 Converter allows you to convert .MOV files to .mp4 files for easy playback on your device. Conversion is fast and doesn’t lose quality. This is one of the perfect app that supports Android 5.5 and above devices.
Also read: Top iOS Emulators for Android
2. Video Converter, Compressor MP4, 3GP, MKV,MOV, AVI
One of the best and fastest Video Converter and Compressor in the app store. This app supports MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, MOV, MTS, MPEG, MPG, WMV, M4V, VOB, FLV, etc video formats. It can also convert video files into audio formats like MP3, AAC, AC3, OGG, M4A, WAV, etc formats. users can compress and changes the resolution, Frame rate(FPS), audio bitrate of a video file.
3. Video Converter, Video Editor
This another perfect app to convert MOV into an android supported format. It is a free video editor designed for simple Cutting, Join/Merge, Rotation, Compressing, Filtering, Reverse Video, Slow-motion, Audio Mixer, MP3 converter, and encoding tasks. It supports high-resolution videos included 4k, mp4, MOV, etc.
Now it’s possible to play any kind of video on android phones. Because developers are developing new apps that support all kinds of formats. Above mentioned techniques are used to watch and play .mov files on android phones and devices. if you see the above players are slow in conversation or videos are lagging during play. Then it is recommended to convert them on pc and then watch them on mobile.
Can Android Play MOV files?
Yes, it’s possible for an android device to play MOV files with the help of video players like VLC, KM, MOV, GOM, and many other players.
How do I convert .mov to Android?
There are many apps available on the google play store that can convert MOV files into an android supported format. MOV To MP4 Converter is also an app that converts the MOV files.
Why can’t I play MOV files?
if you are trying to play MOV files directly on an android device then you may face an error because android does not support mov files directly. There is need of a third-party app or a converter to play MOV files.
How do I fix MOV files?
in case you see an error in opening a MOV file then restart your phone, or re-download the file. if your video player doesn’t support the file then download the suitable player or convert the file.