iCloud keychain is a first-party software developed by Apple Company. Nowadays, there are billions of websites, and an average person has more than 10 accounts on different websites. These websites may be social media or accounts on mobile apps. But sometimes it’s difficult to remember all of these. Or sometimes a user wants fast access to their accounts to log in. For this, Apple developed iCloud keychain to fast use the password for login. In this article, I discussed the iCloud keychain with detail.
What is iCloud Keychain, Apple Keychain, and iOS Keychain?
iCloud keychain is also known as Apple keychain or Ios keychain. These different terms are used for the same software. According to Apple, it is the most trusted app to store the accounts (Usernames and passwords). It is like an assistant that keeps your login info. This facility is available on iPhone and Mac computer. iCloud keychain is the most trusted and safe place as it provides end-to-end encryption.
How to turn on iCloud Keychain
iCloud keychain is built-in available on all iPhones and mac books. But remember IOS version 8.4.1 or Mac books with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 are compatible. To turn on an iCloud keychain on iPhone follow this method.
Turn on iCloud Keychain on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Click on Settings from your home screen
- Click on your name.
- Now tap on iCloud.
- Click on Keychain.
- Turn on iCloud Keychain by sliding the finger.
Turn on iCloud Keychain on your Mac
- Click on Apple logo .
- Go to System Preferences or search keychain in right corner at the top side.
- And click on iCloud.
- Select Keychain.
A similar method is used to turn off the iCloud keychain. You just need to slide the keychain button to the right side (which is already left side).
How to access passwords in iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- Click on Settings from your home screen.
- Click on Password & Accounts.
- Now tap on Website & App password.
- Here are your saved login info.
On your Mac with OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later
- Open Safari>Preferences>Passwords.
- Enter your user account password.
- To see a password, click on a website. We can also add or remove passwords from iCloud Keychain.
How to delete a saved password from iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- Go to Settings app.
- Click on Passwords & Accounts.
- Then click on Website & App Passwords.
- Sign in to see your passwords.
- Tap the login details for the website for which you want to remove.
- Click on Edit.
- Under Website, Click on the red icon.
- Click on Delete.
How safe is icloud keychain?
According to apple, each account has a unique id related to our device. iCloud used the end-to-end encryption (login info is encrypted with 256-bit( AES Advanced Encryption Standard)). No one knows the login info, even apple workers without you. One thing that made apple famous is its security, and hopefully, they protect our data more and more securely.
What is Keychain Password?
Keychain password is nothing more then your device’s iCloud id. That you use for AppStore and iTunes. If your keychain asks for id and password (due to some reasons or errors) then just type your iCloud id.
If you still have any questions about the iCloud keychain, then you can ask in the comment section.