This is one of the best GBA emulator for the Linux platform you can also use this on Windows. If you are looking to play GBA games on Linux then you came to a perfect place. Here is a complete guide with the installation method.
Mednafen stands for My Emulator Doesn’t Need A Frickin’ Excellent Name. It is an open-source emulator that is available for different platforms. You can play GBA games with the help of this emulator. It is based on command lines.
Download Mednafen for Linux
How To Install Mednafen on Linux
For the installation follow this guide:
- First, update the package repository with update command to get the latest information.
- Update command “sudo apt-get update –y”.
- Run the install command by typing “sudo apt-get install -y mednafen”.
- Check for errors if there is no error then your emulator is installed successfully.
How to add game ROMs in Mednafen on Linux
After the successful installation now you can add and play games in Mednafen. But remember only play those ROMs that you are purchased from real owners.
- First of all, hold CTRL+ALT+T to open the terminal.
- Then add the path mednafen /path/to/GBA/GBA.rom
- Replace the path with your desired ROM (that you have downloaded in your pc).
Supported Gaming consoles
Following gaming console’s ROMs works on Mednafen Emulator.
- GameBoy (Color)
- GameBoy Advance
- Apple II/II+
- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket (Color)
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom
- Virtual Boy
- Sega Game Gear
- Sega Genesis/Megadrive
- Sega Master System
- PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 (CD)
- Sega Saturn (experimental, x86_64 only)
- Sony PlayStation
- Utilizing OpenGL and SDL
- This is based on an argument (command-line)-driven multi-system emulator.
- It has the ability to remap hotkey functions.
- Supports Keyboards and Joystick as controllers.
- Save state and load state supports.
- Screenshots supported as PNG.
- You can record audio as well as video.
Leave a Comment