What is redsnow jailbreak?
Redsnow is one of the most popular tool to jailbreak iOS 6 running devices. It is available for both Mac and Windows operating system and was consistently being updated by the developers team for a very long time. Redsn0w is not only used to Jailbreak iPhone but it has many other awesome features as well which we will discuss throughout this article. To jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 14, Read this: Jailbreak iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14.
The first version of the redsn0w was released in 2008 by the iPhone-Dev Team. At that time it was named as QuickPWN but later it was changed to Redsn0w. Since then many versions of the tool are released to support different iOS versions. It is a un-tethered Jailbreak. But for iPhone 4 running iOS version greater than iOS 5.1.1 it provides tethered jailbreak.
Redsnow Compatible Devices:
Redsn0w is compatible with the following iDevices running these iOS versions:
- iPhone 3GS: iOS 3 to iOS 6.
- iPhone 4: iOS 3.1.3 to iOS 6.1.3
- iPhone 4S: iOS 5 to iOS 5.1.1
- iPad 1, iPad 2, iPod touch Devices.
How to Download Redsnow?
Redsn0w can be downloaded using the following direct download links from their official site.
How to use RedSn0w to Jailbreak iPhone?
To jailbreak iOS 6 – iOS 6.1.3, you can use redsnow. With the help of following steps you can jailbreak your iDevice.
- Download Redsn0w from above link.
- Download compatible iOS firmware for your device.
- Open Redsn0w and click on Select IPSW, and choose the firmware file which you downloaded recently.
- Connect your iPhone to PC and click on Jailbreak, select “Install Cydia Option”.
- Put your iOS device into DFU mode by following the on screen steps.
- It will take a few minutes and your Phone will be jailbreak successfully.
You can find Cydia icon on your home screen which indicates that the device is jailbroken successfully.
if you have tethered jailbreak on your iPhone, then you have to boot your iPhone every time using this option whenever you restart your iPhone.
You have to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU mode if you are going to install custom firmware. Because this mode is a bit different from Normal DFU mode and fixes many errors which you can face during custom firmware installation.
When your device stucks in recovery loop then you can use recovery fix option to get it back into normal mode.
With the help of Redsn0w you can save, verify or submit SHSH Blobs of your iPhone. SHSH blobs are used to downgrade your iOS device to a lower iOS version.
If you are going to unlock your iPhone using ultrasn0w then use this option to preserve your baseband while building custom IPSW.
- Redsnow is the best option to jailbreak, downgrade or install custom iOS firmware in your older devices.
- If you are going to unlock your iPhone 3GS using ultrasnow, then you must jailbreak using redsn0w to preserve your baseband.
- Redsn0w is limited upto iOS 6 version only. and can not be use to jailbreak newer versions.
- iOS devices upto iPhone 4S are supported only. New devices are not supported.
- The developers are not releasing newer updates anymore.
Hope this article helped you in jailbreaking your iPhone running iOS 6. If you still faced any issue then you can comment down and we will try our best to reply with the working solution.
it is a type of jailbreak where your device needs to be re-jailbroken or boot using the same software that was used to jailbreak, every time you restart or reboot your iPhone.
In un-tethered jailbreak you don’t need to re-jailbreak or boot your device on every restart. It boots normally on every restart.
Ultrasn0w is a tweak released by iPhone-Dev team which lets you unlock your iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.
The latest version of the Redsn0w is Redsn0w 0 9 15 b 3. Available for both windows and mac.
Yes! all versions of the redsnow are available for mac operating system.
Yes! all versions of the redsnow are available for the windows operating system.